Re: Bookmarks, favorites, across browsers....

  • Subject: Re: Bookmarks, favorites, across browsers....
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 04:42:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
dorayme wrote:

> Probably not, but is it possible to get 2 browsers to compare bookmarks
> and make each set import what the other does not have. I have had a less
> than ideal habit of bookmarking pages in different browsers and am putting
> off manually gathering or thinking of a semi elaborate text editing
> algorithm to do the job... Someone may have experience and tips on this
> which I would appreciate. There may be no general advice, I use - by now
> old I guess - Mac browsers, especially IE 5.1.6 and Mozilla 1.3

I once put forward a similar question, posing a similar problem. I did not
find an ideal solution and I never got around to assembling one giant
bookmark, but anyway... have a look:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bookmarksync/

I now put all my bookmarks on my site (password-protected) so that I can
access them from anywhere via the World Wide Web. The items are still
scattered though and it requires updating.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com