Re: Bookmarks, favorites, across browsers....

> From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.html
> Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 04:42:39 +0000
> Subject: Re: Bookmarks, favorites,  across browsers....
>
> dorayme wrote:
>
>> Probably not, but is it possible to get 2 browsers to compare bookmarks
>> and make each set import what the other does not have. I have had a less
>> than ideal habit of bookmarking pages in different browsers and am putting
>> off manually gathering or thinking of a semi elaborate text editing
>> algorithm to do the job... Someone may have experience and tips on this
>> which I would appreciate. There may be no general advice, I use - by now
>> old I guess - Mac browsers, especially IE 5.1.6 and Mozilla 1.3
>
> I once put forward a similar question, posing a similar problem. I did not
> find an ideal solution and I never got around to assembling one giant
> bookmark, but anyway... have a look:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bookmarksync/
>
> I now put all my bookmarks on my site (password-protected) so that I can
> access them from anywhere via the World Wide Web. The items are still
> scattered though and it requires updating.
>
> Roy
>
> --
> Roy Schestowitz
> http://schestowitz.com

yes, thank you Roy, this is an excellent idea, I have a page of some
bookmarks on a personal site but it is very rudimentary and old. You remind
me. Will just have to dump the lot into it and sort it out and then be sure
to keep it up to date... On the bright side, a bit of manual attention is an
opportunity to cull out stuff...

dorayme