Sites Break due to Microsoft Patches

Previously we discussed conflicts that arise when a user gets 'injected' with
non-stop updates. The integrity of the system breaks and below is a very
recent example, among many. I still get many queries from staff whose
software broke due to some updates, so it's costing time.

<snip>

Two patches released by Microsoft earlier this year for its Internet Explorer
browser may cause some Web sites not to load properly.

After installing MS05-038, which was published August 9 on the Microsoft
Download Center, Web pages containing Component Object Model (COM) objects
called monikers may not work as expected.

</snip>