Re: How the third party analyses the traffic of your site ??

  • Subject: Re: How the third party analyses the traffic of your site ??
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:46:47 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Brian Wakem] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 11:40 \__

> cordial_camaraderie wrote:
>> Recently I have seen a Site, which analyzes the site Traffic! Can any
>> one explain what is the technalities behind it ?
>>
>> Actually, they say that they will place a code on our web page. That is
>> ok that that will place javascript (src) code and place the file on
>> their server and can can check their web logs when that particular
>> files is being called.. this is ok
>>
>> But what they say that they can know which link has been clicked among
>> the dozen of links present on the site, I am not getting any logical
>> connection between this.. Please help in understanding the funda behind
>> this.. and these site are saying that they will not going to edit the
>> url's .. right.. then hOw will they come to know that which link has
>> been clicked ??
>>
>> Please help me uncovering the logic behind it ..
>>

> I thought this was going to be about Alexa.  Which, by the way, is
> nothing more than a random number generator.

...with positive bias towards Webmasters. It works in favour of those who are
willing to be spied on or tend to attract many visitors who are themselves
Webmasters and are therefore accepting spying too.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
 11:40am  up 5 days  7:38,  4 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.56, 0.39