Re: I'm dancing

__/ [Big Bill] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 13:20 \__

> On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:48:52 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [Big Bill] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 12:29 \__
>>
>>> It's hitting me now for some terms, not for others. It varies across
>>> the datacentres, as you would expect. ...
>>

>>I  begin to see pages coming back from nowhere into page 1. Only few data-
>>centres  are  affected and everything is sporadic and patchy. Sometimes  I
>>aim  at particular datacentres and sometimes I get assigned ones which are
>>up-to-date.  I have absolutely no idea how this will end up, but I try  to
>>avoid  taking a look. Lifting my hopes up and then down to the ground is a
>>torturous game.
>>

>>> ... I obviously can't sit here 24/7
>>> checking this out but I would suspect it's actually going through
>>> every page I have and shuffling them, some more than others. A tool to
>>> record this and create reports would be useful, may I suggest to the
>>> developers among you.
>>

>>Have  you tried any of these tools where you can identify your rank for  a
>>given SERP across various datacentres? Maybe you can script requests?
>
> I'm sure you actually mean maybe *you* can script requests. Sounds
> awfully (eeek!) techie to me.

A lot could be re-used...

John  could modify his Perl script/s to repeatedly be run while many  dif-
ferent  datacentres (IP addresses) are attempted in turn. You could output
everything  to assemble a report. I wouldn't dare to run such scripts  be-
cause  they can leads to Goo-gal banishment and I have fixed IP addresses.
At least twice in the past I thought (paranoia) I got banned because I did
some heavy computations at their expense. I no longer do it.

If you are using a Web services to do similar things, it is those services
that  hammer on the Goo-gal datacentres and finally deliver the reports to
the user. Scroogle do similar things.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
  2:55pm  up 5 days 10:53,  5 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.35, 0.22