Re: I'm dancing

  • Subject: Re: I'm dancing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 04:17:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Big Bill] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 17:38 \__

> On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:15:37 GMT, info_at_1-script_dot_com@xxxxxxx
> (www.1-script.com) wrote:
>
>>Big Bill wrote:
>>
>>> It's hitting me now for some terms, not for others. It varies across
>>> the datacentres, as you would expect. I obviously can't sit here 24/7
>>> checking this out but I would suspect it's actually going through
>>> every page I have and shuffling them, some more than others. A tool to
>>> record this and create reports would be useful, may I suggest to the
>>> developers among you.
>>
>>I hope no one takes this request too seriously. That would be a waste of
>>Google's and the site's running the tool resources. I could never
>>understand people's interest in Google Dance. Since it's a temporary
>>phenomenon by definition, why don't you just wait couple days and see that
>>the SERPs are then? This is, of course, if Google Dance does not become an
>>everyday thing. I tried to throw that idea here in this group. However,
>>the way it stands right now, it seems that SERPs do settle down after the
>>Dance, so just be patient.

I have waited for about a month. This is no joy.

>>Am I missing something? What is that important information that you are
>>trying to devise by logging the Dance SERPs? I mean, other than the
>>healthy human curiosity ;-)
>
> Just to see what there is to see.

So it *is* curiosity after all. There still is a constant dance and I have no
clue when it is expected to reach its end. I have no experience with that
either.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom
  4:15am  up 6 days  0:13,  4 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.28, 0.38