Re: Avoid boot to X

__/ [Amnon Feiner] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 16:44 \__

> I have looked throught the run level editor and I must be missing
> something. I have a server which I want to boot to text mode, not X as it
> is now. Am I searching in the wrong place?
>
> TIA

Try under Bootloader in YaST. You might be able to change to text mode rather
than graphical mode and I suspect that no function (such as networking) will
be disabled in the process.

YaST2 Modules -> System -> Boot Loader Configuration under SuSE 8.2 (I have
9.3 at home).

Also see if you can disable the graphical front-end (which uses X) under
Login Manager.