Re: Windows and Singularity

__/ [ByteCoder] on Thursday 10 November 2005 15:53 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> __/ [Rev Turd Fredericks] on Wednesday 09 November 2005 04:42 \__

>> http://news.com.com/Australian+ISPs+recruited+to+kill+zombies/2100-
> 7348
>> _3-5938170.html

>>> No, I would rather have all governments force MS to make better
>>> software or cut them off at the knees and cancel contracts with them.
>>> Why put more work on ISP's? It's not their fault people get infected
>>> with zombies.
>>
>> It will take governments a few more years to wake up to reality or
>> realise what the phrase "platform migration" actually means. There is
>> yet another critical flaw with Windows, which was only announced
>> today/yesterday. When will they ever learn? Microsoft have started
>> constructing another O/S (Singularity) from scratch. No wonder.
>>
>> Roy
>>

> Singularity is actually a good move from MS. Too bad they look at it as
> just another research project, rather then a next version of Windows.

I  opine that they perceive it as an opportunity to set the troubled  Win-
dows  aside.  It's a non-modular mess at the moment. When  Singularity  is
completed,  it can be ported and be used on Average Joe's computer. By the
time  of completion, however, it will have been too late and the operating
system is becoming more obsolete due to the Web.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051109/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_gates_memo

Will  Gates  ever admit that Singularity is bound to replace  Windows?  It
would be a sign of weakness. It's a big operation, research being its dis-
guise.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
  4:10pm  up 7 days 12:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.54, 0.56