Re: HP Pavillion zv6000 and Gentoo (was: Less words ... less hits ? !)

__/ [Pekilan] on Monday 14 November 2005 21:59 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ...You won't get much of that if you stick with Gentoo.
>
> kidding ? :-) I have to let the notebook alone for hours, while it is
> compiling :-)
>
>> Word on the
>> street, which is also a gross generalisation, is that Gentoo is for ricers
>> and will soon become a full-time job. Installation can be darn difficult.
>
> It is the only distribution that works on the HP Pavillion zv6000 or Compaq
> Presario r4000 (same motherboard). I have only (?) to fix the mouse to have
> a working graphical interface.
> The search was my last resort to skip Gentoo :-).
> But if the choice is Microsoft's XP or Gentoo, I prefer suicide (that is
> Gentoo :-).
>
> Pekilan

You should try (or should have tried) Ubuntu. It is very laptop-friendly from
what I hear. HP even sell Linux laptops with Ubuntu pre-installed.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, punch! Gas, gas!
  6:30am  up 12 days  2:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.35, 1.23, 1.30