Re: CMS for SEO?

__/ [Mikko] on Wednesday 16 November 2005 16:03 \__

> Roy Schestowitz kirjoitti:
>

>> For a general CMS with 'clean' URL's and good interlinks for SEO purposes
>> I would recommend:
>>
>> * Drupal
>>
>>   http://drupal.org/
>>
>> * Plone
>>
>>   http://plone.org/
>>
>> * Mambo
>>
>>   http://www.mamboserver.com/
>>
>> (in that particular order)
>
> I have used Mambo, but I think it only supports URL:s of form
> /content/section/1/2/
>
> This seems to be case with most "seo-friendly" URL:s. they have got rid
> of ?=2423434 thing, but still you are not free to modify the URL or add
> your keywords.

Have you tried mod-rewrites? Some other packages have that built-in. They
handle the syntax and produce the code for you to insert into .htaccess.
URL's are defined based on post slugs, which are initially derived from the
title of your page.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open the Gate$ to Hell
  5:05pm  up 13 days 12:59,  4 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.06, 0.11