Re: PageRank and Wordpress: www.boyer-draeby.dk don't have any

__/ [".:J:." <MONKEYselskab-at-bigfoot.com>] on Saturday 26 November 2005
13:02 \__

>> Hi,
>>
>> WordPress  is  very SEO-friendly, but I once raised the issue of  PageRank
>> leaks,  which  I believe will be fixed, at least manually (make  sure  you
>> rel="nofollow" pages with little or no content). Version 2.0 is coming out
>> soon  as feature freeze was called last week. Be sure to upgrade.  Nothing
>> from 1.5 should break as 2.0 is truly 1.6 renamed.
>>
>> Apart  from  that,  looking briefly at your site, you need  more  incoming
>> links (I can find none pointing to the front page, so try to get listed in
>> other  people's blogrolls). You also need to wait until the next  PageRank
>> toolbar(s)  update, which is a month or two away I believe? Your site  was
>> registered  in February 2002. Has it not been active since? I notice  that
>> your  blog is less than a month old, so I expect no PageRank and no  links
>> that  are /displayed/. The design is nice and it re-uses the template of a
>> fellow Dane.
>>

>> Best wishes and good luck...
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> --
>> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    The most satisfying eXPerience is UNIX
>> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux     |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>>  4:15pm  up 21 days 12:09,  4 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.55, 0.55
>>      http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms
>

> Hi Roy
>
> You are right of the reuse. I've borrowed a few CSS-styles from
> Andersdrengen.dk. Nice and neat.

I was actually thinking about Michael Heilemann because he lives in
Copenhagen (not originally from Denmark though). It's worth looking at his
WordPress port:

http://binarybonsai.com/wordpress/k2/

> What I hear you say is, wait till next googlebar, upgrade next WP 2.0 when
> it hits the streets, get more links (you are right, only one or two so
> far). I bought the domaine in 2002, left it, and rebought it a month ago.
> So the content and site is new. I didn't make any sites on that domain
> before.
>
> What did you mean with the " rel="nofollow" " part ?

I found a few pages in WordPress that should not be indexed because they
contributes nothing. By assigning rel="nofollow" to links that point to
them, you have them ignored by crawlers altogether.

Some packages tend to have an excessive number of pages that only add noise
to search engines as far as I can tell. That's why so-called 'SEO-friendly'
content management packages are becoming popular these days.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
  5:20am  up 24 days  1:14,  7 users,  load average: 1.23, 1.12, 0.97