Re: Governmental Sites Choose Linux

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 05:37:07 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I am writing with reference to a previous post (see "Britain's MI6 Open Its
> Fist Website") just to present some intersting facts.
>
> The MI6, the FBI, the CIA, the White House, the Pentagon (among more) are
> all *nix powered. Ironically enough, Erik could only point out NSA
> (National Security Agency) as an exception as it is is powered by Windows.
> See the irony? National security? Windows? Never mind...

Well then, I guess you don't trust the NSA's SELinux either.  Apparently,
they know nothing about security, right?

Here's a hint, of all the organizations you mention, hell of all the
organizations in the world, no other organization has the computer security
qualifications of even a fraction of the NSA's security staff.  They get
first crack at the honors students of MIT and other prestigious
institutions graduates, and have the worlds best mathemetitions,
cryptography experts, and much more.

You know, they're the people that invented the SHA hash function and Public
Key Encryption (or so they claim, 10 years earlier than the Brits who also
claimed ot have invented it see http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb/nsam-160/)

I think they know a little bit about security, and the fact that they
choose Windows to run their internet facing site says volumes about what
they believe it's security to be if properly administered.

Don't you think of all the high profile targets in the world, the NSA's
website would be #1 on the list of hackers to deface and give a black eye?
Strange the NSA site has never been compromised.  Ever.