Re: Help: Need a good newsreader for Linux

__/ [imotgm] on Thursday 01 September 2005 22:00 \__

> imotgm wrote:
>
>> Pssst. Roy, don't let on I told you, but this is Linux. You can run both,
>> Knode and Pan, even at the same time if you wish. Nothing stops you from
>> installing, and using, any number of newsreaders you want. They're mostly
>> free, and come with your distribution. It costs nothing but your time to
>> try them all, and keep all that you like.
>
> And post from either, or both. The quoted text was posted with Pan, and
> this was posted with Knode... (see the headers?)

Thanks for the reminder. *smile* Like I said before, I dependencies that
prevent me from 'dancing' from one newsreader to another. For the very same
reason, I use all my Linux boxes (home, work, university) as nodes. Only
the University machine gets used, the others SSH to it.

More on the issue on Pan and KNode working in parallel, labelling threads,
ignoring threads, 'Sent' archives and read status turn into a mess.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
  6:05am  up 8 days 19:13,  4 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.63, 0.64