Re: Suse 9.3 Firefox - flash plugin problem

  • Subject: Re: Suse 9.3 Firefox - flash plugin problem
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 06:15:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [David] on Thursday 01 September 2005 21:22 \__

> ON websites that contain flash
>
> I get a message at the bottom telling me that the plugin failed to
> initialized please reload.
>
> I've download the flashplayer and installed it.
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions to aid me?

Have you got Flash working in another browser yet? When compiling or
installing Flash (if I recall correctly, Macromedia have a shell script to
achieve some level of abstraction), did you get any errors or warning
flagged? What version of Firefox are you using? I don't think it's most
relevant, but it is still worth asking. Can you view standalone Flash
objects (.swf files)?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
  6:10am  up 8 days 19:18,  4 users,  load average: 0.47, 0.63, 0.63