Re: Anyway to make avantgo sync once a day?

  • Subject: Re: Anyway to make avantgo sync once a day?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 03:55:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [Jeffrey Kaplan] on Thursday 08 September 2005 17:23 \__

> It is alleged that asdf claimed:
>
>> Is there anyway to make avantgo sync once a day?  I did not see anything
>> in the application.
>>
>> I was wondering if there was a way to programmatically toggle the Hotsync
>> "Avantgo Connect" conduit setting from "Synch file" to "Do Nothing" and
>> visa-versa.
>
> It's been quite a while since I've used AvantGo, but IIRC, you can
> schedule each channel to update once a day only.  Sure, the conduit
> will still run every time you sync, but it won't actually do anything
> until the first synch of the next day.

I haven't touched AvantGo for over 2 years, but you can indeed choose update
cycles that suit you. The rest of the replies to your query mention that,
so I'm just hoping to reinforce the point.

Roy

PS - From what I hear and the impression I have been getting, AvantGo are
lagging behind and better solutions exist.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
  3:50am  up 15 days  5:42,  3 users,  load average: 0.38, 0.42, 0.52