Re: Anyway to make avantgo sync once a day?

It is alleged that Roy Schestowitz claimed:

> I haven't touched AvantGo for over 2 years, but you can indeed choose update
> cycles that suit you. The rest of the replies to your query mention that,
> so I'm just hoping to reinforce the point.
>
> Roy
>
> PS - From what I hear and the impression I have been getting, AvantGo are
> lagging behind and better solutions exist.

FWIW, I dumped AvantGo in favor of Plucker when AvantGo became a pay
service.  Plucker resides entirely on your own system, and you can
configure it to diddle the requester-id if a channel specifically wants
AvantGo.  It also gives you better control over content size and
included graphics.

I then dumped Plucker when I got a device capable of accessing the net
on its own.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

"Madness, total and complete madness!  This never would have happened
if the humans hadn't started fighting one another."  (Amb. Mollari, B5
"Severed Dreams")