Re: Basic Authentication

__/ [Justin] on Thursday 08 September 2005 15:49 \__

> Hi there,
>
> Just having a few issues with authentication on my server.
> I am trying to apply basic authentication to my root directory, but not
> all of the sub-directories. How can i apply authentication to only the
> root?
>
> Anyone got any tips?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Justin

Have you considered using some hard or soft links, re-directing from root
directory or relocating its content (transparently) to a subfolder that
requires authentication to access? You can deny access to everything in the
root directory and shift its public content in a way that does not expose
the structure, e.g. URL re-writes...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
  4:15am  up 15 days  6:07,  3 users,  load average: 0.99, 0.82, 0.58