Re: USB to PS2 ?

__/ [Stuart Crow] on Wednesday 21 September 2005 04:39 \__

> Hello all
> Probably a simple question. I am trying to get a USB to PS2
> adaptor which will allow me to connect a USB mouse to a
> PS2 port. Local computer shop, PC World and Dabs cant
> help. Any ideas ?
> TIA
> Stuart

Maybe I would be a little hasty to reply, but conversion in this direction
is probably impossible. You can make a USB port feed on PS/2 signal, but
not vice versa. The high stream of data that comes from a USB wire cannot
be handled by the antiquated PS/2 port. There may be exceptions, of course,
which is why I was reluctant to reply.

Roy S. Schestowitz
  5:50am  up 26 days 18:04,  3 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.14, 0.22