Re: [News] Google, Real and Mozilla Create Software Bundle

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 17:35 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Realplayer, Google Toolbar and Firefox Get Bundle Deal
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| RealNetworks, Google and Mozilla Corp. have announced a new
>>| multi-year agreement under which Real would offer the popular Google
>>| Toolbar and the Mozilla Firefox® Web browser with RealPlayer, one of the
>>| most frequently downloaded applications around the world.
>> `----
>>
>>         http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20060801231217789
>
> Wonder if Real will open all of their codecs ever?

Or even code. I am frequently told that they have RealPlayer phone home, for
self benefit. I am told that IE7 will do so by default. Unlike Google, as I
discovered this afternoon.

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01b.html

,----[ Quote ]
| (2) I wrote that the Google Mini was "communicating with Google to get
| PageRank information for public pages." It turns out that it doesn't.
| Today I spoke to the product managers over at Google and they told me
| that because of all the customers who want to use the Mini on an Intranet,
| they are very religious about NOT phoning home to Google under any
| circumstances.
`----

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
Swap:  1036184k total,   394964k used,   641220k free,   117376k cached
a      http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms