Re: [News] Mozilla: Firefox Surpasses 15% Market Share

__/ [ Jim ] on Friday 04 August 2006 23:15 \__

> Aunty Diluvian wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:17:55 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 03 August 2006 19:38 \__

>>>Bingo!
>>

>> Not to sound like a Linux advocate but Internet Explorer, up to
>> version 6, is a rag-ass piece of crap.  It is the worst gui
>> imaginable. Ten years behind times. I can't speak for IE7
>> because I haven't used it but history does have a habit of
>> repeating itself.
>>
>> The Trident engine, though, is the fastest available. A good,
>> tabbed gui on the Trident engine puts all the other browsers
>> to shame, even the almighty Firefox.
>>
>> One in particular, Maxthon, the latest version of MyIE2, beats
>> every browser on the market in speed. It takes less than 20 MB
>> space, doesn't require a profile, is totally housed in one
>> directory and has every extension, skin and option offered on
>> any other browser.
>>
>> Again, not to sound like a Linuxer, but it's also FREE.
>>
>> It's only drawback, to some, is that it won't work on Linux
>> or BSD, even with wine.

Maybe it'll work when the user sobers up. *smile*

> damn. Started to sound good, right up to THAT POINT!

It's pleasant to see some admission (from Aunty) that Internet Explorer is a
wreck. I'd still stick with the opinion of some of the most prominent
Windows advocate, who recommend the use of Firefox and Opera while
criticising IE7 for a plethora of reasons. Users are yet to witness the
problems that IE7 will introduce; not only to end users, but also to Web
developers.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
roy      pts/4                         Fri Aug  4 10:08 - 10:23  (00:15)