Re: ReactOS

__/ [ Donn Miller ] on Saturday 05 August 2006 08:47 \__

> Thoughts on this OS?  It definitely sounds interesting.  Although the
> premise of a Windows clone sounds at first frightening, if it does
> contribute some new ideas to the concept of OS in general and not simply
> imitate Windows, it could be a good thing.
>
> http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/en/index.html

To  me, it has always seemed like a semi-cooked clone of  an
already-flawed operating system. With commercial derivatives
of  WinE  you  can  achieve  the  same  under  Linux   (even
virtualisation  comes  to mind, but it costs). If  I  recall
correctly,  the  ReactOS  page was boasting  something  that
looked  similar to Windows 98/2000, including some Solitaire
screenshots.