Re: What Is The Script Code Where Website Shows Search Engine Keyword Typed?

  • Subject: Re: What Is The Script Code Where Website Shows Search Engine Keyword Typed?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:33:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ zennie.abraham@xxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 06 August 2006 17:30 \__

> I've noticed that if I type a certain keyword in a search engine like
> Google, depending on that keyword, the first website that comes up
> contains exactly that keyword, sometimes even if the site itself isn't
> relevant to the keyword.
>
> Does anyone know the script code for that?   I'm sure it's around as
> this happens too many times.

Your   question   is   not  too  clear  (though   maybe   my
understanding  is just lacking). I think the answer you  are
after  lies  in the fact that sites get a boost  for  search
phrases  if  the  text  pointing to them (and  text  in  the
vicinity  of inbound links) contains or resembles the search
phrase. So, to exemplify, if 1000 people linked to your site
from  sites  about  lizards, your position  for  the  phrase
'lizard'  would  improve, regardless of the content of  your
Web site. Try searching for 'miserable failure' in Google.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz