Re: Google Adding Previously Dropped Pages

  • Subject: Re: Google Adding Previously Dropped Pages
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:23:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ John Bokma ] on Monday 07 August 2006 06:28 \__

> <usenet2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> According to yourcache.com, on of my sites had this...
>>
>> 13 July - About 10K pages listed
>>
>> 27 July - 9500 listed on a few datacentres, but less than 1K on
>> most.
>>
>> 7th August - "-1" on several, 10K on some datacentres, and 100K
>> (yes, one hundred thousand) on others.
>>
>> Anybody else seeing this?
>
> site: doesn't work correctly. Has been fubar for quite some time now, I
> get still 10,000+ pages. I wish, since then I would have 30,000+ visitors
> :-D.

I  have recently been running a lot of parallel lookups  for
number of indexed pages. I was using Darren's useful script,
which  probes dozens of datacentres in turn. I tried a  page
count  yesterday,  having  read the OP's  post.  It's  still
unstable and not so encouraging.

Ever  since  that/those blackhat/s with 10 billion  subsites
hit  the Web I have never been able to 'recuperate'.  Google
hasn't  indexed  as  much,  nor has  it  delivered  as  many
referrals since. That all began around March this year (some
Webmasters  got  dropped earlier). All in all, I agree  with
John.  Just  ignore  these  numbers, but  things  appear  to
stablise  gradually.  Still inconsistent and  still  awkward
nonetheless... blame the blackhats that knocked Google's off
balance.

Best wishes,

Programmer: a device to convert coffee beans into code (Paul Erdos slant)
Cpu(s):  18.4% user,   2.7% system,   0.7% nice,  78.2% idle