Re: Roy Skankowitz = Paid Spammer

On 2006-08-09, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> __/ [ AZ Nomad ] on Wednesday 09 August 2006 23:21 \__
>
>> On 9 Aug 2006 04:37:51 -0700, Ricky Bobby <linux-sux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Roy Skankowitz is water-boi for linux and do not post all day, all
>>>night, every day and every weekend for nothing. He is paid spammer who
>>>work for marketing company. He is paid 30 cents (US) for each post he
>>>make and he get paid 50 cents (US) for post if somebody reply to post.
>>
>>>This is why he make about 2000 posts every month. Using average rate of
>>>40 cents this is about  $800 each month he make by sitting in him room
>>>and posting from computer.
>>
>>>All you here are suckers who think he is some kind of advocate. He is
>>>paid astro turfer who lie and pretend that he support linux. Only thing
>>>he trying to support is his wallet.
>>
>> Trying to win an entry into engrish.com?
>
> *LOL* There were some good jokes about that site in dvorak.org.
>
> By the way, I was contacted by Netscape last week. They want some content for
> their new Web site. If I were to provide them with content, I'd earn money
> for it. But I never did this before. Honest. There was some time around
> April or May when, after a long time in COLA, I began posting copies to
> Digg. I said that from the start and it was never a secret. I never ever got
> paid for any of this, but this exposed many people to Linux, which is the
> reason that I do all this...

That's fine information. But if you start justifying your actions to a
troll, you'll only invite more need for justification. *IF* the troll
is what led to this explanation.

Personally, I don't care. You're in a pro-linux group making pro-linux
posts. I doubt you make a cent on it. but if you found a way to do so,
all I'd say is 'good for you'.

Either way, the trolls can continue eating the little round balls
brought to them by dung beetles.

--
I use linux because I've used Windows.