Re: [News] Linux Offers (At Least) 7 Methods for Grabbing Screenshots

Once upon a midnight dreary, while Roy Schestowitz pondered weak and weary
over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx
>> http://www.debugmode.com/wink/
>>
>> Open Source:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/demostudio
>> http://www.camstudio.org/
>>
>> I don't know:
>> http://www.qarbon.com/
>> http://www.turbodemo.com/eng/index.htm
>> http://www.wincam.net/
>> http://www.demo-builder.com/
>

> Thanks for the comprehensive list of links. I ought to mention, however,
> that third-party solutions are often prone to breakage between releases of
> the O/S upon which they are built. They also they need to be
> (re-)installed repeatedly, they sometimes integrate badly, and people will
> not know about them or bother with them unless everything is already there
> (the Microsoft approach for killing Netscape).
>
> Examples: that toyish idea of Widgets in Mac OS X (Opera, Vista have that
> too)... became popular when it was free and integrated with the core. Also
> think of virtual desktops in Windows. How many people do you know who
> actually realise that minimise/restore can be made deprecated.
>

>>     Assuming you want to capture a Linux screen, you could sit at a
>>     Windows
>> machine, VNC into your Linux machine, and start recording.
>
> It beats the purpose. That is the approach one guy, who once advertised
> (posted) some tutorials to COLA, is taking:
>
> http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=linux+tutorial
>
> It's Dennis, by the way.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

it does defeat the purpose. I don't ever want to plug another Windows box
into my network, ever, under any circumstances, in any disguise.
--
When all else fails... use a hammer.

http://dotware.co.uk

Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no particular purpose,
But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.