Re: [News] Microsoft UK: Buying from Microsoft for Patriotism?

B Gruff wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 December 2006 17:22 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Buy Microsoft, it's your patriotic duty
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | That seemed to be the message at the London launch of Microsoft Vista,
>> | Office 2007 and Exchange 2007 on 30 November 2006. Gordon Frazer,
>> | Microsoft's UK managing director, devoted most his opening speech to
>> | a gallimaufry of statistics and quotations intended to show that
>> | buying these new offerings would somehow make Britain more competitive.
>> `----

UK will become more competitive by adopting open source.
The very thing micoshaft is now adopting to become competitive
by buying and distibuting SuSE Linux
and retraining all their engineers to support it.

It seems to me what micoshaft are really trying to do
is sell windopz to dummies who would buy it and pay micoshaft
for a dead product so that they can use that money to
retrain their engineers for Linux.

And when all that is done and dusted, micoshaft will drop
support for windopz altogether and offer supported Linux.

Seems to be it would better for business to switch to Linux,
save the money intended for windopz and pay for Linux support instead.
That way, they don't have to go through a purchasing cycle
owing dead windopz licenses and face a delayed switching
cycle and lose the benefits of early adoption, cost savings,
and getting hold of trained staff earlier in the adoption cycle.

> http://www.it-director.com/enterprise/other
content.php?cid=9038&ref=fd_itd