Re: Windows on OLPC?

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Tuesday 05 December 2006 11:31 \__

> "We put in an SD slot in the machine just for Bill. We didn't need it but
> the OLPC machines are at Microsoft right now, getting Windows put on them."
>
> "The SD slots allow users to add additional storage capacity to the
> laptops. Additional memory would be required for Windows to run on the
> current OLPC XO test models because they ship with only 512Mb of built in
> Flash memory"
>
> http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2170209/microsoft-looking-windows-olpc

And suddenly, after ridiculing poor children and the OLPC, Gates wants to be
part of it. Suddenly, you see, Microsoft loves Linux and wants to be part of
Novell. Suddently Microsoft wants XML-based formats for its files...

If you can't beat them join them, right? I sure hope someone just beats them
up for spreading FUD about the very same things that they ultimately admit
they ought to embrace. What a bunch of criminal minds...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
Swap:  1036184k total,   379952k used,   656232k free,    53628k cached