Re: Microsoft: Indiana Schools Still Favor Windows

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft: Indiana Schools Still Favor Windows
  • From: "amicus_curious" <ACDC@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:55:56 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
news:1989153.Fmrb8SvFGd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I think you are missing a key point here. The 'studies' have no value.
> They
> are bought, not truly conducted. It is nothing but brainwash, so we
> mustn't
> assume that Indiana prefers Microsoft software.

I feel that much the same can be said, and to a higher degree, about the
reports from the Linux advocates that you continually cite.  These reports
consistently try to magnify conditions that are of little consequence to the
majority of computer users.  One has to continually look for the bias of the
reporter in everything.  I do believe that the studies that come from the
traditional research organizations are factual in spite of being
commissioned by Microsoft or some other party with a vested interest in the
outcome.  I do not believe that Microsoft funds studies that are not
accurate in regard to the facts, rather they will stress the circumstances
where their products have a superior position.  Whether or not those
circumstances apply to one's own situation has to be considered on an
individual basis.