Re: A COLA TwitList

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 19:09 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <7169271.4SD1uCTxtq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 18:35 \__
>>
>>> alt.atheism has a website dedicated to twits that post to the
>>> newsgroup:
>>>
>>> http://www.city-of-dis.com/twitlist/twitlist1.asp
>>>
>>> Anyone got the time, knowhow and inclination to set one up for COLA?
>>> Could save a lot of time when replying to trolls to merely point to
>>> their entry in the twitlist. A brief description of the twits
>>> 'special' characteristics and a few links to some of their priceless
>>> posts.
>>>
>>> Might be fun. :-)
>>
>> I have some code which I can use to achieve this quickly. How about
>> making it password-protected though, then passing it among us via
>> E-mail?
>
> Certainly some form of moderation will be required as to what gets
> submitted. A simple login mechanism would suffice for making updates /
> adding new twits.

Sounds like something that SourceForge can offer. Does Mathew really maintain
COLA.com? We could put it to use.

My assessment w.r.t. Slashdot was right. It's up now. I just hope the server
doesn't melt. It's on its way to Digg's front page and it's already on
Netscape, Technocrat, Groklaw and some other sites...