Re: PS3 Among PC World's Innovative Products of the Year

  • Subject: Re: PS3 Among PC World's Innovative Products of the Year
  • From: "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Dec 2006 17:14:11 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Handover Phist wrote:
> On 2006-12-27, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The 20 Most Innovative Products of the Year
> >
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> >| Our Innovations Award winners exemplify the best kinds of
> >| breakthroughs--ones you can get right now.
> > `----
> >
> > http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128176-page,6-c,electronics/article.html
> >
> > Linux is not a product, so it cannot be listed.
>
> Office 2007 is #1 because of the 'ribbon'? Yeesh.

I've been using Office 2007 for quite some time now - and I can say
without a doubt the "ribbon" really is quite a cool and innovative
advancement in UI design.  Give it a few months, the "ribbon" concept
will find it's way into open office, and then you and roy will suddenly
love it.

--
Tom Shelton