Re: [News] [Op-Ed] Microsoft Wants to Own Everything, Even GNU/Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 24 December 2006 11:21 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Maverick ] on Sunday 24 December 2006 00:04 \__

>>> Yeup.  Ballmer has spent far too much time at personal seminars.  :-))
>>
>> Surely the wrong ones. He never attended Anger Management 101.
>>

> Bill Gates is not a technical guy, though.  He's a rich kid whose Dad
> was a successful corporate lawyer.  This has set the tone for the whole
> of MS's existence.

He also knew which garbage can (or skip) to grab code from...

http://thebeez.vnunetblogs.com/the_beez_speaks/2006/09/hasta_la_vista_.html

'Poor Bill Gates. The world will remember him as the richest man in the world
and the founder of Microsoft, but he will never achieve the same statue as
his arch rivals Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak (aka "the Woz").

The younger generation may not know the latter, but Steve Wozniak was the
technical wizard that put Apple on the map. He only needed six chips to
control a floppy disk, where others needed twenty. With the words: "It was
only two chips. I didn't know if people would use it." he added hi-res
graphics to the Apple ][. BTW, he also designed the interpreter Calvin.
Needless to say, this man gets the utmost respect from us nerds.

Unfortunately, Bill Gates is not a wizard. Even worse, he is a bad
programmer. When Martin Eller, a Microsoft programmer, found an error in the
flood fill routine of the MS-Basic interpreter, he exclaimed "Which moron
wrote this brainless sh*t?" only to find out it was Gates himself who wrote
the "brainless sh*t". I think it is safe to say that Bill Gates is hardly
the technical wizard he would so much like to be.'

Merry Christmas. I'll post as little as needed.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.
Tasks: 118 total,   2 running, 114 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie