Re: Move screen settings

__/ [Luddite] on Saturday 11 February 2006 03:12 \__

> I had a problem with a USB key that I used with Move from a drive
> controller failure,can the screen settings like font size,screen
> colors and color profiles be transferred by swapping those files to
> the new key?   what are the names and directories?

Which window manager are you using? If KDE, then .kde (or .kde2) should
contain all your settings in meaningful places. If GNOME, then .gnome
(and/or .gnome2) should hold your settings. Private settings in
.gnome2_private can be neglected.

If you intend to pass your settings to another computer, be sure to only
overwrite the directories which hold look-and-feel settings. Also be aware
that different versions of KDE/GNOME might/could lead to inconsistencies.

The description of your problem is vague, so if this did not answer your
question, elaborate further.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"
  7:50am  up 25 days  3:06,  12 users,  load average: 2.22, 1.89, 1.59