Re: plz help:store google's news on local system and search for it

  • Subject: Re: plz help:store google's news on local system and search for it
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:54:31 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [pawan] on Saturday 11 February 2006 08:59 \__

> i am planning to make a local search engine wherein the system will
> store the news automatically from news.google.com and then one will be
> able to search all the news related to the word or sentence he has
> given.
>                                       i am expecting different
> ideas...plz send me your ideas which u think is good.do tell me the
> language which  i should use..

Bite on the feeds. Parse them if necessary.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=KEYWORD1+KEYWORD2&ie=UTF-8&output=rss

Good luck,

Roy

PS - please remember to quote when replying.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
  9:50am  up 25 days  5:06,  15 users,  load average: 1.65, 0.97, 0.78