Re: Largest Windows Error Message

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:04:16 +0000
<dth2g6$i1n$3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ rapskat ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 07:19 \__
>
>> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:51:04 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/4630
>>>
>>> Behold the shame.
>>
>> I was at a friends house watching TV, and as he was clicking through the
>> channels I caught a quick glimpse of something that looked remarkably like
>> a BSOD in the music channels.  I had him change back, and sure enough
>> there it was, a real to life Windows BSOD in all it's glory being
>> broadcast for all to see on cable television.  It was quite a sight on a
>> 52" widesreen HDTV.
>>
>> It was on there for almost 4 hours before someone finally took care of it.
>> Funny thing is, the music was still playing in the background!  That was
>> memorable for me because though I've seen lots of pictures and reports of
>> such things, I've never actually seen one first hand before.
>
> I have seen plenty of that c**p in the airports. I tend to travel at nights
> and I can assure you that they reboot Windows on a regular basis (every
> day?), which is when you see the underlying cogwheels (BIOS and then
> la-la-land).
>
> The unnerving feeling of seeing a bug-riddled piece of SHIofTware
> administrating airport traffic...

I for one would think that Windows is not used in the ATC systems.
(What *is* used there might frighten one anyway, though, unless
they've finally gotten around to replacing 35-year-old equipment.
But it's very reliable 35-year-old equipment. :-) )

Of course, there are other forms of traffic -- foot traffic, for
the most part, and the occasional electric cart -- in an airport.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's still legal to go .sigless.