Re: Dell+Linux?

__/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Friday 24 February 2006 16:36 \__

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/precn_n?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/precn_380?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=16488053918&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=89079

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DB110A&s=dhs

> It's $350 but that's before the $50 rebate. This includes a 17" CRT
> monitor which ebuyer doesn't so if you buy the unit without the monitor
> the price becomes $250 after rebate.
>
> So now the Dell is $12 cheaper. Ahhh - big deal. But looking at the
> systems we see that:
>
> CPU:
> EBuyer: Intel Celeron D 315 (2.26 Ghz, 533 FSB)
> Dell:   Intel Celeron D Processor 325 (2.53 GHz, 533 FSB)
>
> Hard drive:
> EBuyer: 40GB 7200Rpm
> Dell: 80GB 7200Rpm
>
> CD-ROM:
> EBuyer: 52X CD-Rom
> Dell: 48X CD-Rom
>

> Memory and everything else is basically the same between the two
> systems. They are both good deals IMO.

Larry, don't ruin it for me!! *smile*

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
  4:45pm  up 7 days  5:04,  8 users,  load average: 0.76, 0.73, 0.71