Re: [OT] Desktop wallpapers

__/ [Kier] on Sunday 08 January 2006 15:05 \__

> I was passing some time this afternoon by checking out the wallpapers at
> devianART, and downloading the ones I liked, and I just wondered, what
> kinds of wallpapers do posters here like to put on their desktops?
>
> I like science-fictional stuff, starscapes, planetary scenes, that kind of
> thing. What do other people favour? Any particlar sites you go to for
> wallpapers or do you create your own?
>
> www.deviantart.com
>
> Just a little light relief for a quiet Sunday afternoon.

What about gnome-look.org and kde-look.org? Not only are there plenty of good
ones, but they are also very liberal in the sense that you are (perhaps)
encouraged to disseminate. Many of them are also related to an Open Source
theme or strand. What's more, you give the LXer contributers a sense of
contribution and become a more integral part of a community that expands.