Re: Search Engines and Placement Into Search Engines

  • Subject: Re: Search Engines and Placement Into Search Engines
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 07:34:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search
__/ [Jim Carlock] on Sunday 08 January 2006 19:54 \__

> I'm looking for some help. Specifically with Google. I am looking
> to replicate a Google bot and send it to a site and have it come
> back with reports about the pages it finds on the site.

You mean like wget or lynx? Are you trying to get a 'Google box' to emulate
what is happening? Maybe find out what obstructs it?

> Does anyone know if GOOGLE supplies that mechanism and
> where it might be found?

I think not, but if you seek code or API's, see code.google.com

> I've set up websites in the past and it only took a month to get
> into a google search engine. But for some reason, this time, it's
> almost like the web-host prevents the google robots from getting
> to the website. It's been up for 3 months with no results at all.
>
> <robots.txt>
> Allow: /
> </robots.txt>
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Jim Carlock

Seems fine to me. Have you linked to that sites. Not submitted, but actually
*linked* to it. If not, you must? The more distinct domains, the better.
Make sure your host does not do pills, sex, and gambling.

Good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
  7:30am  up 29 days 14:41,  14 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.40, 0.64