Re: Strange filter problem in KNode

__/ [Gordon] on Monday 09 January 2006 17:00 \__

> I have a filter set up to filter out messages with a score greater than
> -100 and with googlegroups in the Message-ID field. If I apply that filter
> to any group other than alt.os.linux.ubuntu then it works perfectly. If I
> apply the filter to alt.os.linux.ubuntu, it hides ALL posts, whether the
> above conditions are mentioned! Can anyone shed any light on this?
>
> Thanks

I am having problems with KNode filters in version 0.7.5. Some rules are
rarely applied and some are applied on a patchy basis. I don't know the
cause, but they never worked reliably for me. In fact, my most recent rule
never appeared to have worked.

Luckily, the only filters that I use are associated with highlighting
threads, not hiding them. At worse, I lack the necessary emphasis, but do
not miss any information.

Overall, I could never get filters to work as expected, but I use KDE 3.1. I
have not tested KNode at home where KDE 3.4 is installed. Have you
considered changing the severity of the filter, e.g. lowering the score
only? Apart from that KNode has been a tremendous asset and is admirably
stable.