Re: Advantage of Linux for family machine

__/ [Gordon] on Tuesday 10 January 2006 13:43 \__

> i have a 21 year-old son who uses this machine. I am not going to insult
> him with software like Net Nanny. So, Linux is ideal! It
> doesn't matter what sites he surfs to, or what video clips he downloads
> (snigger) I get NO malware! NO drive-by trojans! NO rogue diallers! I
> don't even have to think about such things, or keep up to date any tools
> to protect the machine from those things.
>
> Brilliant!
> More people should do this.

There's more to Linux.

You can even set up very intricate filters in newsreaders like Pan and KNode.
These application have very fine controls. They can combat nymshifting
trolls who post childish insults. Your 21 year-old does not need any of
/that/ cr*p, does he?