Re: Linux Makes Computing Boring

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

I am aware, nonetheless, that Wintrolls continue lurk and are will-
ing to crosspost and sabotage any discussion given an open door. You must-
n't  give  access to that door when uncertainty leads to deceiving  state-
ments. It is the state of minority that makes it difficult to overcome the
prevalence of FUD, which is often self-defensive.

I go back and forth.

On the one hand, because of Microsoft, and its resources, yes, any "open" discussion can be turned to a diatribe.

On the other hand, that is the whole point of FLOSS is to point out pluses and minuses.

If the system can't survive attacks, then it questions the "open" paradigm.

Yes, right now, I'm posting from XP/Thunderbird...because I still go to work every day, and code, in c# and java, and my vpn doesn't allow me to use linux.

That is the reality.

And the reality is that the user wants to right click, and set a wallpaper.

It's stupid.
It's dumb.

But it sells OS.