Error 403 from Google

I find this rather amusing actually. I have been getting 403 errors (denial
of access) from Google for the past few minutes, claiming that "A computer
virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests". I have
Netcraft and the A9 toolbars installed. They tend to echo my requests, i.e.
visit all pages in my 'history', so I suspect they are the culprits.
GoogleBar and SearchStatus request PageRank values on occasions, but I have
not run any tools that leads to heavy query load (not for months anyway...).

I have tested access to Google from a remote computer to confirm that it is
only my IP address (which means that I can still get around this by
SSH'ing), but nonetheless it's an interesting observation, I think. Have
they become paranoid or vain perhaps? Maybe they dislike multiple requests
from various locations, but if that's the case, they are stepping on their
rivals' toes.