Re: Accessing a USB's camera's disk

  • Subject: Re: Accessing a USB's camera's disk
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:55:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [scott] on Friday 13 January 2006 15:43 \__

> I have a Sony MVC-FD92 connected to my SuSE Linux 10 system.  I have
> been able to access it in version 9.3 without problem.  When I used to
> plug in the camera I would get a pop-up message that it was connected.
> Not any more.  Is this normal not to get notified in version 10?  How
> can I access the camera, i.e. what directory would it be listed under.
> Thanks!

I am going to go for a very obvious possibility, which might lead to an
answer without any value. Have you tried finding it under "My Computer" (or
whichever equivalent lies in the Desktop)? When I connect my camera, this is
where it shows up, but I set up a shortcut on the Desktop as well. It
otherwise goes under /media/, I suppose.

Sometimes I automatically have Konqueror show up with the contents of the
camera's memory, but sometimes I do not. Also have a look to see which USB
(?) devices are detected and listed. There are command-line tools which
achieve this.

Hope it helps,