Re: Question about Linux based PDA phones.

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> How about a Treo? It will synchronise with your Linux partition using
> gpilot, kpilot and the like. I personally prefer KPilot which provides
> a nice graphical front-end. Palm are headed towards the Linux kernel
> (they made the commitment under a year ago), so it might be the
> direction to take.
>
> http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo650/
>
> Hope it helps this time around,

Hmmm, this is not a bad suggestion - it would probably suit my needs
quite well.

Currently I have decided to replace my faulty cellphone with another
basic model and keep using my separate Pocket PC.  I expect to keep
using WinXP on my games PC for a couple of years yet, so I can carry on
syncing with that.  I will keep an eye on what Palm are doing over the
next couple of years as well as the development of Linux based PDA
phones - I am sure that the tech will keep on improving!

At the moment my finances are tight and I would have had to pay off the
credit card for whatever I bought so I decided that there wasn't good
enough reason to replace my PDA + Phone with a PDA phone right now.

Thanks anyway.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
Maskerade