Re: Rex Ballard: I advised Yahoo, Amazon and Lycos how to "take it to the next level"

  • Subject: Re: Rex Ballard: I advised Yahoo, Amazon and Lycos how to "take it to the next level"
  • From: Peter KÃhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:32:03 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/662a330d0399f5e4/0f5b76503b9a2885?lnk=st&q=%22Yahoo%2C+Amazon%2C+and+Lycos%22+group%3Acomp.os.linux.advocacy+author%3ARex+author%3ABallard&rnum=1&hl=en#0f5b76503b9a2885

>>> "Now imagine you are one of 200 or even 2000 or even 8000 people
>>> observing this conversation - being conducted between this consultant
>>> and a handful of questioners who are asking very pointed and specific
>>> questions.
>>>
>>> Now, suppose that 100 or 200 of those "lurkers" started posting their
>>> results, and started asking questions as to how to take it to the next
>>> level?  They have really funny names like Yahoo, Amazon, and Lycos.  At
>>> first, these are unheard of names, but before long, they became huge
>>> names."
>>
>> Well done, Mr. Ballard. While someone attempts to discredit you, this
>> probably has the very opposite effect.
>
> The problem being, most of what Rex claims *is* probably exaggerated or
> untrue. I say 'probably' because I don't know for certain.

Neither does anybody else

> I don't agree with the unpleasant manner DFS uses when he attempts to
> refute Rex's claims, nor the way he slanders him, but surely it's fairly
> obvious Rex is out to lunch.

I myself have severe doubts about Rex`s claims
But that is still no reason for the character assassination attempts of Erik
Funkenbusch, DFS, tab and flatfish. Which are in noy way attempts just on
Rex, they try to discredit several posters
It all goes along the lines: "don't attack the message, because they can't,
instead attack the messengers"

> It is highly improbably (though not actually impossible) that he has done
> everything he says he has without it ever showing up anywhere.

If he claims bullshit, these dishonest bastards should instead show where he
is full of it. And if they can't, tough luck. But since instead they go
the "easy way" of character assassination, they should be held to their own
standard. Meaning, they should be treated like the slime they are

> If what Rex says is allowed to pass without comment,  while anything Erik
> F (and others) says is attacked and they're expected to prove everything
> he claims to the last detail, the moral high ground is lost. MIsinfrmation
> should be corrected no matter which 'side' it arises from.

Have you ever seen a post of Erik F, DFS, tab, billwg or flatfish which did
not contain at least one outright lie? Apart from "well, duh..." posts
naturally

Erik especially claims a lot of things he clearly pulled out of his ass. And
somehow he never comes around to provide a shed of evidence for it, but
instead runs from demands to do so
He should start to answer the most pressing questions before even attempting
to demand such like from no matter whom
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend: and inside a dog,
it's too dark to read."                -- Groucho Marx