[News] Redmond Buses Recommend OpenOffice (Photos Included)

http://thenewmarketing.com/blogs/thenewmarketing/archive/2006/07/14/103.aspx

,----[ Quote ]
| They're advertising OpenOffice, a free, open-source office software suite
| from Sun Microsystems. Other slogans include, "Stop giving a bully your
| lunch money", "Compatible with expensive, closed, memory loving software",
| and "Prehistoric reptilians welcome."
`----

The above is dated 2006/7/14 and it hit the Digg front page just moments
ago). In older news:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/applications/0,39020384,39236477,00.htm

        French tax agency plans massive OpenOffice deployment

http://www.silicon.com/research/specialreports/opensource/0,3800004943,39154084,00.htm

        OpenOffice gets in with French taxman

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/55253
In older news (
        French police to switch to OpenOffice

http://www.solidoffice.com/archives/295

        France Adopting ODF in Massachusetts? Footsteps?

Hmmm... a lot from the French? I guess they very much care for the quality of
the product which they rapidly embrace at a notional level.