Re: [News] E-book Reader for Linux PDA's Gets New Release

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 13 July 2006 12:08 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Jim <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Mark Kent wrote:
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Aha -I'll be getting an update!  I use fbreader on my 770 a /lot/!
>>>
>>> It's excellent being able to read RFCs under the trees in Knole Park on
>>> the camp chair instead of at home in front of the PC.  Mobility is a
>>> wonderful thing, and the N770 delivers it in spades.

I was never too keen on reading off a PDA. Not leisurely type of reading
anyway...

>> I've got two iPaqs. Great little machines, problem is I think the battery
>> in one of them is knackered. Hey, Mark, you don't happen to know of any
>> place I could just pop in and snag one for a iPaq 3630, do you? I've seen
>> the AA packs and think they're a great idea and all, but I don't fancy the
>> idea of carrying one of those in my pocket, just gagging to get shorted on
>> my keychain...
>
> We could really use a standard size for a flat battery, say a six volt
> and a 3 volt battery.  Save all this messing around with proprietary,
> expensive, batteries.

...They have just moved into universal power supplies for mobile phones (or
mobile /devices/, if this extends more broadly). By "they" I might be
referring to "Americans", but I'm not sure... just stumbled upon it a couple
of days ago.