Re: Windows Vista Could be (At Least) 9 Months Away

__/ [ Ivan Groznii ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 16:23 \__

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalker/show_msgs.html?topic_id=m-1-28719173

> Of course Vista is going to be late.  Just like XP was late.  Just like
> 2000 was late.  I remember way back when 2000 was going to be called NT
> 5 and I was shipped a Beta copy to test - it was laughable rubbish.
> Vista is likely in the same state.
>
> Good on the Debian people - they're some of the best.

December 2006, with AMD64 support. But also consider Novell as an example. I
believe that SLED/SLED was released earlier than schedules, having released
a cleaned RC3, which was freely available for download. Ubuntu (Canonical)
was only 6 weeks later (considering a 6-month release cycle). This is still
far better than Longhorn's record, which was intended to be ready in 2003,
then 2005, then 2006, 2007...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom