Re: Even the Builders of Windows Find Tech Support a Challenge

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 19:12 \__

> __/ [ Nick Ballard ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 17:48 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 16:38 \__

>>> OMG. This sure is embarrassing. It shatters all claims that people who
>>> know their way around the computer (Windows OS in particular) are not
>>> vulnerable to the common ills that have become so inherent. Given
>>> Ballmer's wage, I am surprised (if not utterly shocked) that he didn't
>>> slam the computer against the wall, followed by a violent lynch of some
>>> fine furtiture.
>>
>> Who says Ballmer knows anything about computers?  He seems to be more
>> involved with marketing and accounting...
>
>   [1] That makes him a technical person
>
>   [2] He spent two days in vain
>
>   [3] The _engineers_ struggled with his machine, as pointed out in the
>       article. A _team_ of them...

Addendum:

Mind you, Ballmer got 800 in his SAT's (for the
numerical/mathematical/quantitative component, as you may call it in the
States). If he could not solve the riddle, all hope is lost.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - chrisv's reply was rude and presumptuous. He thought you were a Windows
advocate defending Ballmer and the undeniable issue which is Windows
security.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate (Medical Biophysics)
  7:10pm  up 35 days  1:42,  9 users,  load average: 1.22, 1.02, 1.03