Re: What or who decides search engine spam?

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:15:50 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Paul ] on Monday 05 June 2006 08:14 \__
>
>> On 4 Jun 2006 23:39:34 -0700, zteamsells@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Roy,
>>>
>>>Thanks :)  I build some nice looking websites; mostly using CSS. The
>>>people over at articledashboard call me a perfectist. LOL. The reason
>>>they call me that is I try to make all my websites perfect from SEO to
>>>design. I am very hard on myself.
>>
>> Hi
>> I think you will find that the word is perfectionist. ;)
>

>I find that, particularly with these long words, it's easier to let typos
>slip in. I sometimes leave out 'ion' or 'ti' in words that are visibly read
>by their ends, e.g. internationalisation. The reader would rarely look
>inside the word, so misspellings are unlikely to be spotted until the
>spellchecker gets used.

I was having fun Roy.
I thought it was rather funny that someone who is a perfectionist
spelt it wrong. I wasn't picking holes, hence the ;) at the end of it.

>> Anyway, you may want to pass your site through a validator and you
>> will see that it has errors. And for some reason you are using xhtml
>> in places for html.
>

>I love XHTML. Many others say it should not be used, especially in alt.html.

I use it myself on one of my sites.

>> Also, your site would be better if you centered it.
>>
>> One more thing, please do not top post or reply with a fresh message.
>
>It's not truly the OP's fault.

No, but worth mentioning. Nip it in the bud, rather than let it grow.
:)

>The interface of the gateway used (Google
>Groups) is highly flawed. I suggest you (the OP) reads the following:

>        http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

I couldn't find it and am knackered (not been to bed yet myself)

>This will make your messages more likely of receiving a reply.

Yep, I normally ignore such messages, esp after a warning has been
given.

> I saw about 5 messages from Google Groups this morning. In this newsgroup, they get
>highlighted in blue. Some of them were really inane and one even had ALL
>CAPS in the subject line. I hit 'ignore' on all apart from yours, so a
>perfectionism you might as well have demonstrated, apart from the tools that
>you had used (G2)
>

>> See how I am posting to you ?
>>
>> Then you can be a perfectionist here too :)

>We all make mistakes sometimes.

Tongue in cheek Roy from the OP's quote :)

> I was top-posting when I first got started
>with UseNet. I still rarely trim-post, even when I definitely should.

>Best wishes,
>
>Roy

plh
Paul