Re: What or who decides search engine spam?

__/ [ Paul ] on Monday 05 June 2006 08:14 \__

> On 4 Jun 2006 23:39:34 -0700, zteamsells@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>Hi Roy,
>>
>>Thanks :)  I build some nice looking websites; mostly using CSS. The
>>people over at articledashboard call me a perfectist. LOL. The reason
>>they call me that is I try to make all my websites perfect from SEO to
>>design. I am very hard on myself.
>
> Hi
> I think you will find that the word is perfectionist. ;)

I find that, particularly with these long words, it's easier to let typos
slip in. I sometimes leave out 'ion' or 'ti' in words that are visibly read
by their ends, e.g. internationalisation. The reader would rarely look
inside the word, so misspellings are unlikely to be spotted until the
spellchecker gets used.

> Anyway, you may want to pass your site through a validator and you
> will see that it has errors. And for some reason you are using xhtml
> in places for html.

I love XHTML. Many others say it should not be used, especially in alt.html.

> Also, your site would be better if you centered it.
>
> One more thing, please do not top post or reply with a fresh message.

It's not truly the OP's fault. The interface of the gateway used (Google
Groups) is highly flawed. I suggest you (the OP) reads the following:

This will make your messages more likely of receiving a reply. I saw about 5
messages from Google Groups this morning. In this newsgroup, they get
highlighted in blue. Some of them were really inane and one even had ALL
CAPS in the subject line. I hit 'ignore' on all apart from yours, so a
perfectionism you might as well have demonstrated, apart from the tools that
you had used (G2)

> See how I am posting to you ?
>
> Then you can be a perfectionist here too :)

We all make mistakes sometimes. I was top-posting when I first got started
with UseNet. I still rarely trim-post, even when I definitely should.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
  9:05am  up 38 days 14:38,  11 users,  load average: 2.00, 1.34, 1.24